Summer Intern - Marketing, Graphic Design
Graphic Design Marketing Internship
The graphic design marketing intern will be part of the marketing team and will assist with brand management, content creation, and projects relating to FOCUS marketing design needs and initiatives. The graphic design marketing intern will assist in providing hands-on graphic design execution and being a brand steward by relating, reviewing and making decisions according to FOCUS brand standards.
- Assist in the planning, creation and publication of marketing materials, both print and digital
- Develop concepts and designs that are targeted in response to outlined communication strategies and goals, incorporating art, design, photos and writing as appropriate
- Learn and uphold FOCUS brand style, voice and look in all pieces created
- Assist in brand management and making sure all pieces meet FOCUS brand and quality standards
- Collaborate with other departments by contributing to the development of functional and beautiful pieces to meet their objectives
- Collaborate with Marketing teammates to develop creative solutions and concepts across a variety of platforms to achieve organizational and departmental objectives and goals
- Interact with vendors or outside resources for creative direction and collaboration
- Collaborate with other designers to regularly review work, providing and receiving feedback and helping come up with creative solutions
- Work with project managers to develop and uphold project timelines, prioritizing projects as necessary
- Currently pursuing degree in graphic design, art, marketing or similar area of study
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative with knowledge of design best practices
- Understands design in relation to business and marketing strategy
- Desire to learn and get hands-on experience working for an in-house, non-profit marketing department
- Strong time management and organization skills; comfortable working on multiple projects at once with varying timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Indesign and Illustrato
Compensation: Marketing--Graphic Design interns will be asked to fundraise $4,000 by May 1, 2022, and will receive an additional $1,200 stipend from FOCUS upon achievement of fundraising goal. They will receive weekly fundraise coaching from a FOCUS staff member from the time of hire until the fundraising goal is met.
Hours: Interns at the DSC are expected to work 40 hours/week from May 31, 2022 -- July 29, 2022.
Perks: There will be incredible opportunities for mentorship, spiritual & professional formation, and fellowship. FOCUS interns have the option to participate in a weekly Talk Series taught by professionals & professors, a camping trip, summer retreat, and more throughout the summer.