Director of Philanthropy
Location: Golden, CO preferred
The mission of this position is to increase revenue by personally representing FOCUS to people of great faith influence and affluence and igniting them to passion and action in support of our work. There are some warm leads that come in mainly from FOCUS’ Prospect Development & Research team and referrals, but new prospects will also come from opportunities the Director of Philanthropy uncovers by researching and cold calling.
Benefactor interaction: Complete at least 120 benefactor visits per year.
Asking for gifts: Complete at least 44 new solicitations per year.
Planned Giving conversations: Complete at least 36 Planned Giving conversations per year.
VIP/Teamwork visits: Complete at least 36 visit with a VIP (key volunteers, board of directors, or chaplains) or teammate per year.
Prospecting: Qualify at least 24 new prospects per year.
Impact on revenue: In year 1, at least $500,000 impact on revenue. In subsequent years, $1,000,000 or above impact on revenue.
- 3+ years of development experience or staff leadership with FOCUS preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to travel 8-10 days per month
- Demonstrated ability to ignite passion for a new concept, mission, or company
- Demonstrated ability to effectively cold call prospective benefactors
- Demonstrated ability to engage and inspire high net worth individuals
- Demonstrated ability to close gifts between $5,000-$25,000 annually
- Commitment to live the FOCUS Cultural Virtues: Joyful Sacrifice, Vital Unity, and Personal Excellence
As a FOCUS staff member, you and your family will have access to several benefits that are designed to help care for the whole person and make your career at FOCUS rewarding. You will receive:
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Ability to contribute to a Health Savings Account
- Employer-provided life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse and your child(ren)
- 403(b) retirement plan with a discretionary employer-match for eligible staff
- Option to purchase LifeLock Identity Protection
- Integrity-based Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- We observe many paid holidays recognized by fellow Americans and also some of the feast days of Holy Mother Church. In addition, we recognize the Sacred Christmas Respite by closing the office from December 24-January 1 each year.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold (full-time, part-time or temporary) and your tenure with FOCUS. Specific benefits may change at FOCUS's discretion.