Summer Intern - Marketing, Social Media
The Social Media intern is part of the social media team and assists in coordinating the creation and delivery of digital content while assisting the planning and controlling of scope, budget, and time schedules. Intern assists and works closely with the Social Media and Digital Content Manager on the day-to-day development and execution of social /digital content and campaigns to market conferences, programming, and evergreen campaigns and to meet key objectives. This position will generate best in class content for delivery to all social media platforms. This position will also help establish a quality standard for all digital marketing content across all FOCUS digital media channels.
Social Media Management
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Assist in the development of the editorial calendar and works with key stakeholders to plan promotions and campaigns.
- Communicates organization messages to external audiences.
- Leads weekly strategy meeting outlining upcoming content.
Facilitate online conversations with followers and respond to queries
- Assist with the consistent engagement on social media including responding to posts and managing any online feedback daily while upholding FOCUS virtues and mission.
- Maintains timely response rate
- Manages incoming media requests and works closely with manager to funnel requests.
Measure social media channels traffic and monitor SEO
- Familiarity using social media reporting tools to retrieve relevant metrics and optimize social strategy and familiarity working with a larger team on strategic direction, ideas, and content.
- Produces weekly report on social media performance and delivers key takeaways during weekly strategy
Multitasking and analytical skills
- Assists with managing the social media community across a variety of social media platforms. (Facebook, Facebook Groups, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.).
- Schedules posts and creates planned and real time content.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by management.
- Analyzes the performance of social marketing programs by reviewing campaign results, and gathers insights from those results to optimize interactions with consumers daily. Turns insights into action items and generates content weekly based on data.
Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Follows the latest marketing developments, monitors competitive landscape and consumer behaviors in order to understand current and future trends, and makes recommendations on how to improve or expand presence on existing or new social media platforms.
- Provides weekly insight and suggestions for emerging trends and executes. Weekly tests out new emerging trend on social platforms.
- Management: Work with other leaders in organization for long term planning.
- Analysis Skills – Interpreting social analytics and online customer engagement metrics.
- Organization/Planning - Plans, organizes, schedules content.
- Creative – Ability to create, brainstorm and dream
- Strategic Skills - Determines opportunities & future trends. Comprehends the big picture.
- Leading Edge – Tracks and strategically analyzes consumer and global trends.
- Resourcefulness/Initiative - Finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty with joyful sacrifice. Uses existing procedures to solve problems, analyzes information and standard practices to make judgements.
- Ambition – Passionate about social media and digital marketing programs
- Judgment & Decision Making – Proactively seeks solutions to problems and makes judgements calls to best serve the mission. Accountable for own contributions.
- Communication – Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Customer relations – Responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in and managing any online feedback.
- Energy/Drive – Exemplifies a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Culture - Accountable for supporting, upholding and engaging in FOCUS core virtues and mission in all internal and external communications.
- Experience in social media and digital marketing
- Experience in Community Management
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with timing dependencies on schedule and on budget.
Compensation: Marketing interns will be asked to fundraise $4,000 by May 1, 2022 and will receive an additional $1,200 stipend from FOCUS upon achievement of fundraising goal. They will receive weekly fundraise coaching from a FOCUS staff member from the time of hire until the fundraising goal is met.
Hours: Interns at the DSC are expected to work 40 hours/week from May 31, 2022 -- July 29, 2022.
Perks: There will be incredible opportunities for mentorship, spiritual & professional formation, and fellowship. FOCUS interns have the option to participate in a weekly Talk Series taught by professionals & professors, a camping trip, summer retreat, and more throughout the summer.