Philanthropy Engagement Officer
Location: Golden, CO preferred
The Philanthropy Engagement Officer is a key member of the FOCUS’ Mid-Level Development Program. The focus of this role is to develop and manage a portfolio of mid-level giving supporters by initiating, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding relationships with individuals, couples, and families who partner financially with FOCUS.
- Manage a caseload of several hundred national benefactors (state by state assigned) striving for highest levels of benefactor/gift amount retention, increases, and qualification/placement in our major gifts program
- Create and execute a contact, marketing and communication plan for each tier of supporters on the caseload that is focused on fulfilling the supporter’s interests and passions. Modify it as circumstances change.
- Cultivate caseload supporters by reporting back, stewarding, and, if applicable, asking them for a gift of support.
- Qualify supporters from the mid-level caseload to move to Major Gifts. Work alongside the Major Gifts team to facilitate a smooth transition to major gifts for qualified supporters.
- Ensure the database is kept up to date on key supporter information, notes on calls, passions and interests, and reasons for moving the supporter to major gifts or back to Direct Response.
- Manage your own MPD support team striving fully funded and excellence in stewarding your supporters
- 2+ years of demonstrated fundraising experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
In this position, you will build and maintain a personal support team through the practice of Mission Partner Development. FOCUS provides training and support in this area. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As a FOCUS staff member, you and your family will have access to several benefits that are designed to help care for the whole person and make your career at FOCUS rewarding. You will receive:
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Ability to contribute to a Health Savings Account
- Employer-provided life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse and your child(ren)
- 403(b) retirement plan with a discretionary employer-match for eligible staff
- Option to purchase LifeLock Identity Protection
- Integrity-based Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- We observe many paid holidays recognized by fellow Americans and also some of the feast days of Holy Mother Church. In addition, we recognize the Sacred Christmas Respite by closing the office from December 24-January 1 each year.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold (full-time, part-time or temporary,) and your tenure with FOCUS. Specific benefits may change at FOCUS's discretion.