Summer Intern - Events: New Staff Training
As an Events -- New Staff Training (NST) intern, you will be an integral part of the Events team supporting New Staff Training (NST) through event-execution, video production, administrative organization, VIP care, and graphic design. Be transformed through FOCUS’ world-class formation as you live, pray, and learn at NST and our headquarters at the Denver Support Center. Much of the internship will involve working in a professional office setting and filming / editing in our production studio. Applicants must be a current college student, sophomore-level or above, by the beginning of the Fall 2022 semester.
Please note: Part 1 of the internship will take place mid-May through mid-June at an NST location. Part 2 of the internship will take place mid-June through mid-August in beautiful Denver, CO at our Denver Support Center (DSC) with the other FOCUS Interns!
- Teachability to receive and apply coaching
- Adaptability for a variety of work environments and types of tasks
- Respectful and compassionate engagement with guests, staff, and fellow interns
- Commitment to personal growth and development through one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Clear, detailed communication for project collaboration and work expectations
- Professionalism with VIPs, executives, managers, and missionaries
- Participation in a dating fast for the entire duration of your internship
- 40 hours of work per week
Learned Skill Sets
- Confident Communication
- Hospitality and Customer Service
- Production Design and Execution
- Project Planning and Follow-Through
- Organization and Administration
- Training in the New Evangelization
Compensation: Events--New Staff Training (NST) interns will be asked to fundraise $4,500 by May 1, 2022, and will receive an additional $1,500 stipend from FOCUS upon achievement of fundraising goal. They will receive weekly fundraise coaching from a FOCUS staff member from the time of hire until the fundraising goal is met. FOCUS will provide room and board for any duration of the internship outside of Denver, Colorado.
Hours: During part 1 of the internship, interns are expected to work a variety of hours based on class times and special events during their time at their NST location Mid-May through Mid-June. During part 2 of the internship, interns are expected to work 40 hours/week during their time at the DSC Mid-June through Mid-August.
Perks: There will be incredible opportunities for mentorship, spiritual & professional formation, and fellowship. FOCUS interns have the option to participate in a weekly Talk Series taught by professionals & professors, a camping trip, summer retreat, and more throughout the summer.