Location: Golden, CO
The Staff Accountant contributes to the organization's goals through daily operational activities, monthly, and yearly account reconciliation, interdepartmental support and analysis, and strategic projects. The goal of the position is to:
- Provide stewardship and accountability of benefactor gifts and FOCUS efforts
- Provide accurate, timely, relevant, and reliable financial reporting
- Provide exceptional service internally to all staff and externally to all constituents
- Support in decision-making through attention to detail as well as effective and efficient solutions
- Assist staff in day-to-day administrative support through Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, interim requests, and general assistance.
- Reconcile assigned accounts to ensure processes, procedures, controls, and financials are accurate, timely, and reliable.
- Respond to the needs of other departments and leadership of FOCUS through delivery of ad hoc projects and special requests.
- Assist in the month-end close process and the annual audit.
- Contribute to excellent performance of the Finance and Accounting teams as a whole and serve and care for individual teammates by adding to team discussions, participating in team events, problem-solving and brainstorming with teammates, and encouraging growth at an individual and team level through discussion and constructive feedback.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
As a FOCUS staff member, you and your family will have access to several benefits that are designed to help care for the whole person and make your career at FOCUS rewarding. You will receive:
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Ability to contribute to a Health Savings Account
- Employer-provided life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse and your child(ren)
- 403(b) retirement plan with a discretionary employer-match for eligible staff
- Option to purchase LifeLock Identity Protection
- Integrity-based Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- We observe many paid holidays recognized by fellow Americans and also some of the feast days of Holy Mother Church. In addition, we recognize the Sacred Christmas Respite by closing the office from December 24-January 1 each year.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold (full-time, part-time or temporary,) and your tenure with FOCUS. Specific benefits may change at FOCUS's discretion.